Some questions seem never to go away – and new laws creates new issues. This is a chance to have an expert’s analysis of how to deal with both recurrent and new employment questions, such as:
- What is wage theft, and what do I have to do about it (beyond paying my employees, of course)?
- How have legislatures, courts, and employers responded to the #MeToo movement?
- Where does family leave end and sick leave begin?
- Can we keep our workplace investigations confidential?
- What is the status of arbitration agreements in employment?
- And 15 more bothersome questions….
This session will apply practical analysis to keep you in full legal compliance.
Susan Fitzke has dedicated her career to partnering with employers to identify practical and effective solutions to their employment challenges. Susan routinely counsels employers regarding a wide range of issues, including hiring, non-discrimination, whistleblowing, accommodations, family and medical leave, dealing with problem employees, reductions in force, policies, and training. Susan also represents employers in all stages of litigation in state and federal court, from administrative proceedings, to discovery and motion practice, to trials and appeals. Susan also serves as the Office Managing Shareholder for Littler Mendelson’s Minneapolis office.